IBM announced new services, partnerships and features designed to help customers accelerate their hybrid cloud journeys and deploy and run SAP software workloads wherever they want, from IBM public cloud to on-site. These new offerings expand the global alliance partnership between IBM and SAP to help customers optimize their SAP software workloads.
Global customers from all industries choose to run their SAP software workloads on the IBM cloud, including Peruvian construction company Cementos Pacasmayo, Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP), Coca-Cola’s largest bottler. worldwide based on recipe, and Italian shoe retailer Primadonna Collection.
Reinforcing IBM’s commitment to invest in a hybrid cloud ecosystem, IBM and SAP are also expanding their ecosystem of GSI and ISV partners to include Syniti, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Tech Mahindra and others to help simplify and accelerate the way customers run their SAP software workloads in the IBM cloud.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, businesses around the world are looking to modernize their operations. According to a recent IBM IBV study, 64% of executives surveyed now plan to transition to a more cloud-based business model within the next two years.
With this acceleration, there is a need to implement complex enterprise resource planning (ERP) and business process workloads to provide customers with the highest levels of security in the industry.
“The global pandemic has seen one-year digital transformation efforts with accelerated adoption of the compressed cloud over several months,” said Harish Grama, general manager of public cloud at IBM.
“Customers across all industries are looking to move to the cloud and this is the primary focus of our collaboration with SAP – empowering our customers to enjoy the benefits of the cloud without compromising security and controls. All of this is done through an open hybrid cloud architecture so our customers can choose how to approach their digital transformation, guided by the industry experience needed to make their journey successful. ”
Customers globally choose hybrid deployments to run SAP software workloads
Customers working to implement their SAP software workloads on IBM Cloud include:
- Peruvian construction company Cementos Pacasmayo, which has deployed its SAP S / 4HANA package on IBM’s public cloud, seeking to expand beyond construction sales to value-added services, which has enabled it to cope with the additional ERP complexity associated with its new range. work.
- Coca-Cola European Partners, which is deploying several large SAP software workloads – including the SAP ERP application and the SAP BW / 4 HANA solution – as part of its hybrid transformation. The work is designed to help CCEP deliver higher levels of service to its customers, taking advantage of advanced analytics, maintaining a reliable infrastructure.
- Italian shoe retailer Primadonna Collection, which has deployed its IT infrastructure in an IBM public cloud certified SAP software environment for VMware to improve manageability and performance. This was designed to help the Primadonna Collection modernize its core business processes, such as sales and customer service, while seeking to expand its global presence.
- New partnerships, services, and resources are designed to make it easier for companies to deploy their SAP applications in IBM’s public cloud – or another environment of their choosing.
Expansion of the partner ecosystem
To help customers implement SAP technologies in the cloud faster and more easily, IBM is expanding its SAP ecosystem of GSI and ISV partners with the addition of Syniti, TCS, BlueIT, H.T. High Technology and Mahindra Technology.
Syniti Knowledge Platform Cloud Edition on IBM Cloud accelerates project time by up to 46% for customers implementing complex datasets for SAP S / 4HANA. SAP also sells Syniti’s SAP Advanced Data Migration application, with a cloud edition delivered on IBM Cloud.
Syniti is an SAP partner which offers solution extensions for SAP software. IBM and TCS are embarking on joint go-to-market initiatives focused on accelerating cloud transformation journeys with TCS industry solutions and extensions for large enterprises.
New offers via IBM services
To facilitate and streamline customers’ cloud deployment processes, services, including IBM’s IBM Rapid Move for SAP, are developed by IBM Cloud to help customers deploy to SAP S / 4HANA.
Services are provided to include access to IBM, IBM Cloud, and IBM Global Financing services. IBM Services offers customers a hybrid option to enable them to selectively deploy applications on the new cloud platform.
New SAP certifications
IBM recently acquired several new SAP certifications – adding to its portfolio of more than 100 solutions tested and certified by SAP – to give customers more options on where and how to run their SAP software workloads.
This will allow customers running SAP software workloads on IBM infrastructure to access SAP applications in an optimized and quality controlled manner. New certifications include:
- IBM Power Systems Virtual Server – helps customers modernize their SAP software workloads with the ability to run them on a virtualized infrastructure hosted in IBM data centers. With this certification, IBM can run applications based on SAP HANA or the SAP NetWeaver technology platform on its stack of virtual servers. IBM Power Systems Virtual Server is a private infrastructure as a service offering with access to the full catalog of IBM cloud offerings.
- 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Servers Based on Virtual Private Cloud Processor – Businesses Can Increase Business Value With Faster Data Insights From SAP Certified Instances On IBM Cloud With Intel Technologies.
- NetApp Certified Storage for SAP Workloads – Enables customers running large, highly complex enterprise workloads to access ultra-high performance storage. IBM now offers up to 180,000 IOPS of NetApp cloud storage – previously only available on-premises – to deliver high levels of performance, resiliency and reliability.
As part of their global alliance partnership, IBM and SAP have worked with hundreds of customers around the world on more than 5,500 individual projects to modernize their systems and business processes based on an open hybrid cloud approach.
IBM brings in-depth industry knowledge and experience gained from 37,000 SAP Certified Professionals and is one of the most award-winning SAP Partners, named a 36-time SAP Pinnacle Award winner.